Re: CF: how's "chance of learn skill" calculated

"Mark Wedel" wrote:
> > Perhaps the trick is to avoid metal equipment (so I guess leather
> > armour, boots, gloves, horned helmet (I think it's wood), club). To
> > make up for the lower AC and WC due to not using metal, these probably
> > should be +2, +3. To get more hits on the monster perhaps a +4 or
> > higher club is needed. Just a guess, I ran like hell after opening
> > that door... :)
>
>  Bows and arrows and quick movement might be the best way.  If the map allows
> you to sort of catch the rust monster behind a wall or something so you can
> increase the distance, that works the best.

Range weapons are really important when you're facing something that's
a bit too strong for you or has nasty attacks (acid, ghosthit, etc).
It also makes it easier to get away.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Senior Software Engineer        Rupert.Goldie@ericsson.com
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia