Re: CF: Re:Banning players

Hallo

mark@icp.siemens.com said:
>  It seems to me, there are two likely cases:
>  1) Server admin bans pretty much anything but a few selected sites.
>  2) Server admin pretty much allows everything but a few problem
> sites.

>  These could pretty easily be done right now with minimal extensions.
> The ban file could be:
The problem with this think is, IMHO, that we invent the wheels new.
And that's not needed.

mark@icp.siemens.com said:
>  I have seen lots of discussion about what could be done, and a bunch
> saying iit could be nice if, but I don't think I have seen any server
> admins which actually say 'As a server admin, I need this
> functionality'
That's true. And with this argument, I suggest to code only a minimal
number of lines. And therefore use the library. If one sysadmin will be
very strikt, he already has installed tcp_wrapper, and there is no
need to include those sources. Only one option would be needed to
include/exclude the calls. I think, that's no much work. If no
other one would like to implement it, I'll try it.

Bis dann
Klaus

--
"Sure, vi is user friendly.
 It's just particular about who it makes friends with." ;-)

PGP signature