Re: CF: Irix 5.3 Compile

On Dec 11, 10:26am, John Cater wrote:
> Subject: CF: Irix 5.3 Compile
> To whom it may concern....

> I have the XPM library (I don't know what version) in /usr/lib
> However I am not superuser for this machine.
> I have also tried it with:
>
> ./configure --disable-gtk --disable-xpm
> ./configure --disable-gtk --without-xpm

 Despite the options to compile without xpm, xpm is truely required.

 I am not familiar with sgi's much (and the sgi box we have here seems to be
down), so I don't know what version of Xpm comes by default.  However, at least
a marginally up to date version is needed (3.4).

 You can download this yourself and compile it, and point the configure script
to with with :

 --with-xpm-lib=dir     provide different directory to find xpm lib in
  --with-xpm-inc=dir     provide different directory to find xpm includes in

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com