Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

On Dec 11,  4:24pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> Subject: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List
>
>   * Add a prision (for atmosphere -- can't do anything much)

 There is already a prison, but that is meant as a place to adventure.

 To see a representation of the monsters, there is the zoo.  But that could be
expanded (many new monsters have been added since the zoo first created - also,
more information can be added (little signs containing more information sort of
like real zoos - something like 'the beholder has a mean desposition and
typically fries its food before eating them'.

>   * A secret (well not so secret) access to a single boat to Port
>     Jospeh, which is an excelent low level area, with no connections
>     elsewhere.  EG: access to the ship but not the docks.

 Obviously, the stuff in port joseph could just be moved to scorn - as I
recally, port joseph isn't a very big place and sort of sits by itself.

>   * Some connection from oldcity to pirates den. (they overlap to an
>     extent). You need to be pretty tough to get through and is an
>     alturnative path to dock area.

 oldcity could be redone a bit - it seems a bit large for me - maybe it is just
me, but I did it once, but whenever I start a new character, I tend not to go
into that series of maps because the difficulty can vary a bit and it just
takes a lot of wandering to find the diferent pieces.

>   * Do something with the strong hold.
>     Prehaps a royal throne with the court made up of the people who
>     contributed bigtime to game ;-) EG: Major maps, Programming, etc..
>     Each could have thier own bit babble about the aspect they created.

 I would rather make strongholds with a king or something that can send players
on more directed quests and get better rewards when finished (right now, the
rewards for most maps tends to be some good item at the end of the map).  This
works OK, but sort of removes the idea that the player is doing the quest for a
greater good - item at the end really makes it seem like the player is doing
the quest for his own reward.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com