Re: CF: Scorn Improvment Wish List

"Scott D. Yelich" on  wrote...
| > In particular I would like to know the lists thoughts on...
| >   * How much should ship travel be?  20gp for small boat 50gp for large
|
| I think the ship that goes from scorn to, uh, what's that place?
| um.... santo domingo? should be very expensive (check the status
| of the scorn gate?) if the scorn gate isn't open, say 100p.  If
| the gate is open, then 100g.

The gate check is not posible as they are on different maps.
Also their is no direct ship to Santo Somingo. You travel there
via the black ship to stonesville.

Hmm two boat passages!! 100gp to go via ship - free to walk!
By the way stoneville's island ``Dragon Island'  is VERY square looking!

| >   * What about dragon transport to pupland terminal?  100pp?
| >     Cost for transport will be to the pupland terminal only.
| >     Dragons from terminal free (part of inital cost).
|
| Am I missing something?  What's so special about pupland?

I removed ALL the dragons but one.  Yes just about all the work
requiring no new maps is finished.  And a lot of work it was.
Lots of fixes all over.

Hmm soory back to it. ALL the dragons but the one to the pupland
terminal was removed. Basically as this `terminal' provides access to
4 dragons, only 3 of which is used. Presumably more can be provided,
if needed. As such the 100pp will pay for a dragon transport to
a number of places with a free changeover at the terminal.

Pupland itself is a largish island (continent) of puzzels.

The terminal also has a sub-map called Raffles, which provides a interesting
to a map makers, method of picking a prize. I have only managed to
complete raffles 1, still can't seem to make a dint on the first monster
in raffles 2.

The only problem I have with this is the ``Red Island'' the destination
for the third dragon from the terminal. does NOT have a lot of money
making  facilities, shops or anything else. It is concievable that
an adventurer could get `stuck' unable to raise the 100pp for the return
trip.

ASIDE: Red Island is a sort of `vacation' spot.

| >   * Where should a `Dragon Passport' be located (for free dragon travel)
| >      ? Alturnative to the ``box of tissues'' in raffles? (50% chance)

The most common prise in raffles 1 is a box of tissues. I was suggesting
to change that to a ``Dragon passport'', as it is appropriate for the
setting (part of the dragon terminal).

| >   * Where should the password to the port be located?
| >      ? Guild master in patches house?
| >      ? Guild master in mad mages tower?
| >      ? Graffti in Gorks Closet?
| >      ? or should it be a Port Pass?
|
| I'd like to see the phrase told about in many locations -- ie:
| where to go to get *parts* of the phrase... and have them
| be on random people in random places.
|
| I don't really see any need to talk to people.  Most of the time
| I attempt to talk to someone and they either don't say anything
| or it's something that doesn't appear to help.

As another suggestion...

        ? Prise for completing the tower on golblin island (Port Jophef).

Port Jospef and Goblin island will be the only `accessable' boat
from within scorn. without a `port pass' of some sort.
A simular prise from Gork for the East Gatehouse would also be suggested.

The passwords Graffti'ed somewhere would also be preferable than just a
`pass' for the port and eastern gatehouses as than even if one person
succeeds the password can still be found by another person before
`timeout' of the map.

| > And a donation for...
| >   * Some temples for the street of gods EG: Jehova, and others not in scorn.
| >     OPTIONALLY...
| >     Some with expensive (2 or 3 time normal price) remove curse tables,
| >     and very small praybook shops. Maybe the tables for different temples
| >     are slightly different prices (competition).  A table selling
| >     expensive (4x normal price) healing scrolls may also be usfull ;-)
|
| There needs to be a remove curse for beginners.  I know people
| who have quit characters when they put on a cursed item as a
| level 1/2/3 and couldn't get to anything that would even
| tell them how to get it off (ie: damn! I can't take off
| these rags... 'quit).

I quite agree. But I don't plan on creating any temples.

I do think that the ``Undead Church'' (Address ``2 Zoo Road'') should
however have its altar consecrated permentally to ``Lucifer''.
The other alturnative was Devorurs, but a temple for that already
exists.

Also this church is a bit different as it was `taken over' by lucifer
(See prest in goth's tavern). Will be ablut the only temple not on the
Street of the Gods..  Also completed. Which also makes sense for
Lucifer.

The I have 4 other temples for gods to move in. 3 large 1 more small
and ALL temples on the street are different to all the others. :-)
Temple of devorours is furthest from the others (close to central
square) to also prevent `goddly conflicts'.

Hmm...
See for your self I put up a image of the new map of scorn on the web...
I'll repeat this announcement in a seperate email after this.

  http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/saves/New_Scorn_Map.gif

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
   The law of similarity made any map a magical instrument.
                                     -- Rick Cook, "The Wizardry Compiled''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au