Re: CF: Scorn Update - Map Image Available

On Dec 21, 12:11pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Scorn Update - Map Image Available
> James Cameron on  wrote...
> | All in all I think it looks good.
> |
> | Those suggested invisible inventory items for quest completion seem like
> | a good idea.  Does a whole party get those or only one person?
> |
> This is why I don't think it should be invisible. Item matching
> (Such as used in the old apartment complex) works even if the item is
> in a bag or sack. Such items probably should have near zero weigth
> anyway.

 Some of the point of invisible objects is that the player is 'stuck' with them
and if the map maker desires, could make it such that the player can't repeat
the quest.

 As a bonus, this invisible object could actually give some benefit to the
player (protection, stat adjustment, or maybe even some experience reward).

 If enough maps are done to have this, the player probably doesn't want his
inventory cluttered up with 30 'you have completed this quest' type of things.
 And some things should be non transferable.

 In terms of party, all the party members could get them (logic could be
extended to 'give object if player doesn't already have it').  The key is
making sure the other party members go to the actual place where the object is
- less of a problem if there is actually some reason to get the object.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com