Re: CF: New Player Type Archetypes

On Dec 29,  4:09pm, krisb@ender.ring.org wrote:
> Subject: CF: New Player Type Archetypes
>
> 	Hey, someone mentioned different player archetypes and I thought
> it would be fun to play around with.  I have some questions, though:
>
> 1. If you added a new type, instead of modifying an old type, how would
> you tell crossfire that it was one of the character type options?

 Crossfire presents all archetypes of type 'player' as viable class
alternatives.  So no changes would be needed - the new classes would be
available after the change is made.

> 2. I see that some monsters have ability_<x>.  Could you give players
> abilities?  If a player had an ability, how would they use it?

 It depends.  If an ability had some side benefit, like protection from fire,
the player would inherit that (basically, any passive aspects of the ability.)
 I don't believe any do that, since it would make more sense to modify the top
archetype (ie, the dragon, vampire, whatever) to have those protections.

 In term of the other abilities, I do not believe the player would have any way
of using them.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com