CF: Stupid monsters?

Hi,

another issu concerning "moving towards 1.0": monster stupidity. Okay,
it would be asking for too much to make monsters more intelligent
(like using doors, or using spells according to what they "see"). But
it should not be too difficult to make them appear a little less
stupid --- for example, prevent them from casting useless spells such
as "marking rune" (isn't it cute to kill a wizard and find all those
marking runes around the place?), detect magic, identify etc., or
reading all the scrolls they happen to pick up (sometimes you enter a
room with nothing in it, stand close to a wall and get all those
"demon reads scroll of identify" etc. messages), or even picking up
everything instead of just the stuff that is "better" than what they
are currently using (armor and weapon).

Also, every now and then wizards (and maybe other spellcasters) cast
flowers. I don't think that's correct -:)

An old bug is still there: my nohup.out file is cluttered with messages
"Arrow had no map."

We also found a way to crash the server. I don't really know what is going
on, so I can't be more detailed --- it definitely has something to do
with X. I can reproduce the crash with some hackish software that we have
written to relay X connections (so we can use external servers despite
our firewall); if anyone is interested I can send the program and/or
crash your server -:)

Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13325)