Re: CF: RPLAY_SOUND redefined

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Darren <gecko@freecar.com> wrote:
> When I turned on RPLAY_SOUND in the crosssite.def, I start getting
> the warning in rplay.h line 50 that rplay_sound was redefined.  I
> don't know what effect this will have since it's still
> compiling.. and doesn't seem to be complaining...

I had the same problem when compiling 0.94.0.  RPLAY_SOUND is defined
in /usr/include/rplay.h (value = 5), but since the old USE_SOUND and
other compiler symbols in the CrossFire config files have been renamed
to RPLAY_something, there is a conflict with some symbols defined in
the RPlay include files.  The problem is that all files are now
compiled with "-DRPLAY_SOUND", which is equivalent to defining this
symbol to "1".

Fortunately, this conflict doesn't seem to break the code, but it
would be wise to rename this symbol again and avoid using names
beginning with "RPLAY_".

-Raphael