Re: CF: Client and images

> static faceid->image ids is an unlikely scenario.  The current way the
>client/server gets aroudn that is that the server sends both the face name and
>its numeric id if the client is caching.  Thus, the client can determine see i
>it has that image (name), and load that into the appropriate number - if not,
>it requeusts a copy of it.

Ahh, I hadn't realized that.  That is just as good as a
static mapping then. However, I still firmly believe that
users should have the option to download the images
before hand.

I also forgot to bring up another point last night which
may or may not be a big deal. If the
clients have copies of the 'base'
images,, then the server won't have to store
all these images in memory. Considering the
xpm file is 3.5 meg, that seems like a big win
to me.

	-Scott