Re: CF: Client protocol and low-bandwidth links

    Bob Tanner wrote:
    > Of the other "Free" games on the Internet I look at netrek as a good
    > model for client/server deployment. The server is unix and clients are
    > all over the board. Since I also run a pickup netrek server I can tell
    > the majority of the clients on the server are Windows based.

    I'm with Bob on this one.  I'm the librarian for the development team
    for Netrek server.  The clients run on anything, and the Win-API
    specific code on the most common client is very simply an extension
    of the X code that is used on UNIX systems.

    Get Crossfire running as client/server on UNIX systems, separating out
    the X code into a module on it's own, and then the conversion to a
    Win-API platform should be relatively straightforward.

You're not clear on the issue here.
That's already been DONE. "All" that remains, is to find someone wiling to
put in the time to code a full windoze version.
That has not been achieved.