Re: CF: Client/Server mode ONLY

On Feb 27,  6:01pm, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Subject: CF: Client/Server mode ONLY
> How can I make the CF server use ONLY the client/server code and none
> of the add X display features?
>
> If I am going to open up a public server I do not want people killing
> the box with X displays.

 The easiest/best way is probably just to remove the 'addme' command.

 Note that people will still be able to telnet to port 13326 and do things
like who, shout, whatever, but will not be able to actually add themselves
to the game with the addme command.

 Removing crossfire from listening on port 13326 might work - however,
people who have previously connected could then use 'addme' to add
other X displays using the old method.  By removing the addme command,
that is probably the surest bet to disable X11 client.

 Expect to see that as a setable option in config.h or elsewhere in the
next version.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com