Re: CF: Invisible objects

On Jan 9, 11:46am, James Cameron wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Invisible objects
> Mark Wedel wrote:
> >  Need to put a check in on the value of the food being created.
>
> Agreed.  While you are in there, consider food deterioration; gradually
> lower the value of food as it ages.  I found that for a low level (4/5)
> character, the church in town is a good source of saleable zombie
> corpses.  (0.93.4)
>
> Aging might affect food value, and then the price to sell should link
> to this?  [says a coder who hasn't seen the code yet]

 Actually, a lot of places are good supplies of corpses.

 Food deterioration is one of those things to do (along with containers which
slow the rot).  Some food doesn't have that problem, which is why people would
still buy food in the stores.  Adjusting value based on quality wouldn't be too
bad (as compare food value of the object vs the archetype it was created from
and give a rough idea of how much remains.)

 Along with that idea, partially eating food could be added as well.  But that
is one of the lower priority things I think.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com