CF: client/server status?

>  As for version 1.0:  What do people think should be the measure of
> a 1.0 release?  Fully working client/server?  Anything beyond that?
> If all that is required is a fully working client/server, I can see a 1.0
> release within 6 months.

How "far" is the client/server stuff? I tried to compile a version
with client/server from the 0.93.6 sources, but gave up soon --- got
loads of debug output (even though I didn't enable debugging) and crashes
(some problem with getting keys --- don't remember exactly). The overall
impression that I got was that the stuff is highly experimental and
not really useable --- but it could just as well be an HP/UX problem.
Since the sources told me that the cs code is still under development
and may not work, I didn't try to fix it --- after all, the standard
"add foobar:0.0" works reliably (although it does have its quirks...
dropping a lot of items freezes the program for ages ("okay, I'm now
dropping my things..."). I guess I should freeze the inventory in the
drop/pickup commands -:)

Christian

Follow-Ups: References: