Re: CF: maps/machine load/server<->server

> 	Out of curiosity, has anyone thought about distributing maps across
> multiple servers?  I should think it would be fairly easy to allow doorways
> and such that link across maps to also link to another server?

It's not that easy to distribute the server, although it could be
done (of course).

Without much thought, the following things come to mind:
a) the player has to be transferred
b) the party information has to be transferred
c) tell and shout has to be routed to the other servers
d) pets have to be transferred
e) who information has to be made available
f) the X data has to be sent to the server where the player is
   (doesn't make much sense to close the windows and reopen them
   every time you change servers)
g) the player directory has to be shared
h) the admin or (even better) the servers have to make sure that
   a given map is only active on one server

Christian

Follow-Ups: References: