Re: CF: patch: merging items

On Jan 15, 11:58am, Christian Stieber wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: patch: merging items
>
> > Do not do that.  If nrof is 0, it is specific information that that object
> > should not be merged.  If you think there are objects that should be merged
but
> > have nrof in the archetypes, change the nrof - don't change program code
> > because that might be easier.
>
> I did that in my first try. However, people suddenly started finding
> Dragon mails and amulets of livesaving as random objects, so I assumed
> this was caused by changing nrof. I never cared to check how this happend ---
> I implemented merging the way it is done now, and it worked fine.

 That is something to be investigated on why that happens.

 While I appreciate patches & improvements, they must be done the 'right way',
and not the easiest way that happens to involve some hacks or breaks other
stuff.

 Patches of the later case will not be added to the official distribution by
me.  At one point, I pretty much added any and all patches submitted, and the
end result was the code got even less reliable and more confusing.

 Just a heads up for anyone who is making patches out there and want them
integrated into the official distribution.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com