Re: CF: party system

On Jan 20,  4:24pm, Norbert Lienig wrote:
> Subject: CF: party system
> since there's a lot of abuse with parties (especially when level 1
> players group with level 100 players) i suggest, that there's a
> party limitation like:
>
> (overall level of highest player in the party) - (overall level of
> lowest player in the party) MUST BE <= 10

 A percentage or index table may be more appropriate.  A level 15 and level 5
character are a lot more different in power than a level 100 and level 90
character.

 However, it might be better to refine how experience is gained in parties.
 Check the level of the killed creature, level of the character killing the
creature, and the level of the other party member we are awarding exp to, and
come up with some clever formula that doesn't give him a huge amount.

 Probably the only real problem with parties is some of the various cheats.  If
a first level character joins a level 100 party and becomes level 10 after one
of the other people in the party kill something, it strikes me that the newbie
has missed out quite a bit on the game.

 The main problem with the party system (cheat wise) seems to be that the other
party members can get the exp in whatever category they want, and not so much
that they get exp.

> another thing i'd suggest is to not allow players to keep their
> characters from version 0.93.7 in version 0.94/1.0/whatever,
> because there are 'lots of cheaters around us.

 I personally would rather leave this up to the server admin.  All he has to do
is a 'rm *' in the players directory, and everyone will be deleted.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com