Re: Monster AI for version 1.0 CF (Was: Re: CF: Moving on to implement diseases)

> This really is an expansion of the msg/match stuff.  This is one of those
> areas which someone could work on which is pretty much independant of most code
> (any volunteers?)  As long as the match and say is still there, and that really
> happens.

	Yes, I wrote an "improved" monster parser back in version 0.92.5 or
	so. My intention there was to allow monsters to take actions in response
	to player (spoken) words. (ie player says "north!"; monster moves
	north). THis was (and still is) a needed change for the oratory skill
	to function properly.

	But this isnt much of an improvent for monster AI overall. Yes, you can
	"script" using the mon->msg buffer, but, without totally changing the
	use of the monster message buffer, the monster wont be able to
	respond to or anticipate player *actions* or other monster actions
	(it would be nice for monsters to communcate amoungst themselves,
	"Im hurt" : other monsters move to protect the wounded, etc..).

	I think we are needing more than just an 'overhaul' of the current
	monster parsing.

						-b.t.