Re: CF: images & caching.

>>>>[From Mark Wedel]

     As a note - the disadvantage of moving away from GIF is that all existing
    images must be converted, and any future work must be done in the same format
    or converted to it.  This may or may not be easier (if we assume most people
    are still working on unix, an editor that supports png/ppm/gif with
    transparancy support is then needed, or tools to do the conversion.)

reguardless of whether or not GIF is supported now, I would like an
official slot reserved for its use.

So, GIF=3, PNG=4 ?

(and we then have to define what happens when a client asks for an image
format, and it isn't supported.)