Re: CF: pause?

Robert Brockway <robert@zen.humbug.org.au> writes:

> On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Scott Wedel wrote:
>
> > the game.  A character in sleep mode cannot be attacked or affected in
> > any way.  To prevent abuse, a player could be prevented from sleeping
> > if any nearby monsters and player has to stationary for 60 seconds.
>
> What we need is a 'sleeping bag to reality'.

What we need are more maps that provide sleeping places. Most caves
and dungeons allow small holes where the character would be save for
the night. And the beds to reality don't have to look like beds...

In single player mode you can just press 'quit --- then you can pause
until you press 'y' or 'n'.

In multi player mode, pausing would either mean
- leaving the character in the map: then, realistically, any player and
  any intelligent monster could cut the character's throat;
- removing the character to limbo: a matter of taste;
- pausing the whole game: makes the game unplayable if any player
  could pause the game; but otherwise it would be beside the point
  (answering a phone call, etc).

--
Flo