Re: CF: pb in compiling

Erwan Guillou wrote:
> Hi,
> I just try to compile the version 0.94.0 and gcc gaves
> me this error for all the files it is compiling :
>
> gcc -ansi -Wall -DSYSV -DSVR4 -xF -Wa,-cg92 -I../include
> -I/usr/openwin/include -DSVR4 -DSYSV -DLONGJUMP -DStupidSunHeaders
> -DXpm_Pix -I/site/goudurix/d01/Tguillou/xpm-3.4j/lib
> -DFONTDIR=\"/site/goudurix/d01/Tguillou/crossfire-0.94.0/fonts\" -DFONTNAME=\
> "crossfire\"
> -DLIBDIR=\"/site/goudurix/d01/Tguillou/crossfire-0.94.0/lib\" -c
> arch.c
>
> gcc: language F not recognized
> gcc: arch.c: linker input file unused since linking not done
>
> could someone please help me correct this?

Please try to provide all the information that is requested when filing
a bug report. In particular, the OS version you are using.

>From looking at the flags being passed to the compile it looks like you
are compiling for Solaris. It also appears that your imake has been
configured to use the Sun compiler (-xF -Wa,-cg92 look like acc args).
Try using acc instead of gcc (gcc interprets -xF differently to acc)

Pet peeve: Could people please avoid sending mail as HTML when plain text
will do just as well. Not everyone wants to use a browser with a 60Meg
footprint to read their mail.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Software Engineer                epartg@epa.ericsson.se
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia