Re: CF: experience point system

Mark Wedel (mark@siemens-pyramid.com) wrote:

>  Would be easy enough to change.  If you are going to double the exp, I think
> it might also be worth to remove the level comparison logic in attack.c.  It
> seems like only one should really be needed (if exp doubles, then sure, at
> level 15 you might still get 5 exp/kobold, but for the amount of exp you need
> for the next level, it is now really an insignifcant amount).

I like the current degression system: how much "exp" would you get in
"real life" for killing your first kobold, and how much would you get
for killing your 1000000000th kobold?

> It also prevents
> some high gains at lower levels where a 'low' level character can get an arrow
> of assassinting trolls, kill the troll, and gain a several levels because he is
> lower level than the troll and also gets a bonus for that.

Wow... I wasn't even aware that this is possible. I was under the impression
that you can get at most half a level for a single kill/action, no matter
what. Seems like foos of assasinating trolls are worth something, after
all (it definitely does not work for arrows of assasinating dragons, at least
not in 0.93.4/5 --- we used these arrows back when one could use alchemy
to manufacture them).

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber