Re: CF: Suggestion: Talking (was Re: CF: Suggestion: Reg exps...)

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Christian Stieber wrote:
> Risto Järvinen (rjarvine@cc.hut.fi) wrote:
>
> > An extension, of some kind, would be sub-listing the keywords by 'mood' :
> > When you cite a certain keyword the mood of the listener changes, changing
> > the active list of keywords and perhaps other variables?  (You could
> > actually make some-CF-creature angry by talking...)
>
> Scripts. Don't start using predefined variables and lists and stuff.
> Just use a scripting language.

Ah, that'd be The Ultimate Solution, but is it worth it?

I'd imagine implementing a scripting language is quite large operation?
And calling external perl/scheme/python/whatever to handle talking sounds
like waste of cpu...

Since talking isn't an all-too-important feature, add the scripting
language to the end of The Enormouse CF Wish-List :-)

	- Riba