Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: Gatehouse map

Mark Wedel on  wrote...
| > They should let four classes of people though.
| >
| > 1/ The password "chain"  which should be changed as this is for
| >    the general populace of the city and not for adventurers.
| >    Guard responds :- ``That was the old password'' sorry no access
|
|  It perhaps should be changed.  But if so, something outside the guardhouse
| where you can pay to get entrance might be nice (in case player resumes game
| from outside of the city and doesn't know the other ways in, or more
| importantly, if players start in different places.)

If multiple start citys come into play, particularly with `initial
quests' then this should be changed. However for people who get
`trapped' outside city, I was planning a `smugglers tunnel' which is a
one way entry into the city from the port. Prehaps with just a couple of
`viking' smugglers, but that is all. I just never got down to it.
The hole for this is under the boulder on the port side of the portgate.

As it stands I do recomend (once tunnel is in place) the password be
made invalid, with only a guard response (as above). Prehaps with some
other `mutterances' about foolish citizens who grafftti passwords ;-)

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
                   A /  \  o       `` Impressive...
                  /</    \/|>         Obi Wan has taught you well. ''
                /___\      \ \                           -- StarWars
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au