Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: server and more!

> Hi all.  Just thought I better mention my server has perma death on.  I'll
> be installing an altar of resurection at some point.  If lag becomes an
> issue with death i'll re-evalutate this setup :)
>
> Also, on an unrelated note, when did this stuff about teeth falling out,
> ad vitamin C start :)  Lars must have several hundred teeth as they are
> continually falling out, leaving a trail :)
> Cheers,
> 	-Robert

Robert,

  The teeth falling out/diahhrea/warts, etc. all started when we included
the disease code into crossfire.

  Some had complained that traps were too deadly for low-level characters,
so I replaced some of the traps with mostly-harmless-but-annoying diseases
so that players would learn to disarm traps instead of get killed by them.

  The disease code is pretty general, and can support other diseases which
are:
  1)  progressive in symptoms (not bad at first, but eventually deadly)
  2)  non-contageous to highly-contageous
  3)  specific to certain species
  4)  mild to deadly effects
  5)  causing lethargy, increased food use, depleted stats....

  The eventual plan is to give the weaker clerical disciplines some cause
disease spells to balance them with the stronger disciplines.

PeterM