Re: CF: Power crystals, was Re: Experiments

Doug wilder wrote:

> Question:
>
> If a character where to gain a unique item log then log off and never play
> again would the item be never attainable for other characters?

    I think so.  As far as I know, that's exactly what "unique" currently
means.  There is only one of that object per server.

    The way this discussion is headed seems to be toward replacing, or
augmenting, that "unique" flag with a keycode so that various objects can
find different, interesting ways or refusing to cooperate with each other.
Might take a bit of programming, but I think it will be worth the effort.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org