Re: CF: 0.95.1 bug summary

"Charles C. Duffy" on  wrote...
| > Server bugs:
| > - hill giants seem to move to fast - their seem to be the fastest
| >   creatures in the game
|
| This one doesn't seem to affect me.
|
| > (X)Client bugs:
| > - shoot+arrow sometimes locks up
|
| I've noticed a (somewhat elusive) buffer overrun doing this in gcfclient
| (not sure if you refer to this or cfclient) and sent in a patch... Does
| the bug you refer to only affect shooting or also running, "'" and other
| special keys?

I myself have given up on using gcfclient. It is very nice but when I
run it on the same machine as the server it is using it seems to just
have huge delays in response time. The cfclient has no such problems.

As for some more server problems I would like to see fixed...

You can shoot arrows directly from a quiver which is active.
I would like to also see simular things for

  * Key rings.
      Keys are added to the ring but you can't use them directly from an
      active key ring.
  * Pouches (for gems and money)
      You can't pay for things when leaving a shop directly from a pouch!

As for another wish I would love to be able to name certain items
being held.  For example name (or label) a particular quiver
``troll''.  so you can then set a ``apply'' binding to close all
quivers and active that special quiver full of arrows of assisinating
trolls when that troll is comming at you fast!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
      A truly good DM uses a good eraser and spells of amnesia.
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au