Re: CF: Better sound support

Jacek Konieczny (in virtual.crossfire):
> I have just uploaded the newest patch to
> ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/crossfire/incoming (file
> client-sndserver.patch) It support both OSS and ALSA now, you don't have
> to define NEW_SOUND manually. Stereo works.  I have also uploaded
> crossfire sounds converted for use with my server
> (cfsndserv.sounds.tar.gz) These are 11025Hz, 8bit linear mono samples -
> you can always convert Crossfire's *.au files using sox.

I got a little too bored the other day and wrote myself a filter to mix
echoes into audio streams (ala Cubic Player) because I found that it can
make things sound less cheesy (like four channel modules).  If the samples
are anything like they were just before I disabled sound then perhaps it
might be an idea to do that here; with separate parameters for different
maps, etc..

It may seem silly and pointless, but it makes a difference.