Re: CF: Re: Temples of Scorn / New Pantheon

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
|  Not all races need to be complete (for example, trolls can certainly
| be one where there is nothing in which a first level person can take out.)
| What is more important is that for each god, there is a complete progression
| of enemies.

I agree, that is why I just roughed out a basic lists of monster
classes.

| > Trolls: Small Troll, Troll
| > Giant: kobold, goblin, gnoll, orc, ogre, ??? Hill giant, Frost Giant
|
|  ogre mage is a possiblity. (or maybe giant ogre? - no reason
| we can't make new stuff up).  Small troll might work out as an intermediate,
| since trolls and giants probably will both probably be on the same gods
| enemy list.

Totally agree, Actually I discovered that With the Bow of Augura
and 300 arrows (from the orcs) trolls can be killed!  Great suddenly My
physical level jumped 1 level on one troll! 4 -> 5 I am now 11 due to
trolls.

Then as soon as 2 large fireballs were available, boom, magic experience
is also 11

Call holy Servent and wisdom is now rising to match (takes longer but
they die!)

| > Natural: Ants, Bees, Bats, Dogs, Birds, Mice, killer Bees, Snake,
| >          Panther, Skorpion, Spider, Giant Cobra, Unicorn, Elementals
|
|  I don't know if I would put unicorn and elemental in a natural category.
| But as far as a gods enemy, could work out.

I didn't know about unicorn, they are probably more faerie, But Natural
has few higher level monsters.   Elementals however are forces of nature
and I figured they were the upper classes for natural.

| > Acid/Blobs: Acid shere, Blob, Slime, Black Pudding, (Blue Jelly),
| >             (Ocre Jelly), (Glatinious Cube)
|
| Nothin really has them as enemies, so I don't see making that a complte
| list.

Could be classes with un-naturals (for that lower range) :-)

| > Daemon: (Manes), (Lemures), (minor daemons), daemons, (arch daemons), devils
| > Undead: Zombies, Ghosts, Skeletons, Shadows, Spectre, Wraith Skull
| > Unnatural: Baslic, Behemoth, Beholder, Lich Demilich
| >            Nightmare, Rust monster, Rass, Stalker, Dragons, Chess
|
| lick and demilich are definately unded.  rass is demon.  nightmare
| a lower planes creature and should probably also be there.

Dragons -- unnatrual?

| > Faerie: Pixie, Tree?, Werewolf?,
|
|  elf, dark elf

Unicorn?

Not very many.

| > humans: City Dweller, Cleaning Woman, Viking, Dwarf, Elf, Fighter, Man,
| >         Woman, Ninja, Pirates, Sage, guildmaster, Dark Elf, Guards,
| >         Madman, Titan, Wizard
|

| > Some of probably should be combined for some gods,  EG: Trolls and Giants
| > Unaturals and Undead.
|
|  Merging should be done if it makes sense.  unnatural does not necessarily
| go with undead.  While the actual evolution of rust monsters may not
| have been natural, it could be argued they are more or less natural
| monsters now (standard breadding practices, etc.)

Same goes for Dragons, but you don't hear of them being called natural.

Elementals however are definately a ``force of nature' :-)

| > Some monsters may be in Multiple classes.
|
|  This is not currently very well supported however.
|
|  The most important thing in my opinion is that each good has a good
| list of enemies so that character will be able to gain priest experience
| for full progression.  Right now if you enemy is devils, it is pretty
| difficult, as you will never be able to kill a devil just by first level
| priest spells allow (Devil being the lowest current thing in that
| race).

My point exactly.   A range of monsters is needed from one or more
classes.  One class may be combined another to make a range for one godd
and with a different class for a different god.

Also as the gods are (or will) be in triplets, then their would be more
enemys for each god than friends.

It really needs to be worked out before any final implimentation of the
new gods.  Especially as people (hopefully) are creating appropriate
temples for the new gods, to add to (at least initially) scorn. and
later else where.   More volinters needed.

I had one person willing to do jehova but is now backing out due to god
changes. Arrrggghhhhh!!!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
       "[A computer is] like an Old Testament god,
            with a lot of rules and no mercy."   ---  Joseph Campbell
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au