Re: CF: Re: Temples / Maps Update

On Jan 19, 12:33pm, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Re: Temples / Maps Update

> Well, the reason why the chairs are facing backwards is that I tried
> first with the chairs facing the other direction and it looked bad.
> I was considering rotating the church 90 degrees in order to use the
> chairs facing left or right (because these ones do not look so bad),
> but then I saw that the zombie church in Scorn had the chairs
> facing backwards and I decided to do the same.

 I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make some better chair images, so
whatever facing they have it makes some sense.

 Also, in keeping with  the flavor of the game, the first row or two could be
the better chairs for the honored guests/royalty/whatever.

> Also, I am having a problem with CrossEdit since I recompiled it: for
> some reason, my window manager (fvwm) refuses to give it the keyboard
> focus, even if I click on the windows.  Has anybody seen that before?
> Note that it worked fine until I recompiled the latest version, and
> nothing has changed in my wm setup.

 I don't know why it broke.  You can hack around it - there is something like
focuslenience you can set in your .fvwm2rc, which lets fvwm2 become more
generous.

 My guess is that some of the windows aren't being set wanting keyboard focus.
 But I'm not that familiar with the Xt toolkit and all the callbacks that
crossedit uses and how it works.

 Is someone still working on a new crossedit out there?  With all the map
designing going on, seems like there could be a good test audience.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com