CF: Second beta release of the random map generator

Hello,

  A second beta release of the random map generator is up for
everyone's enjoyment:

it's at:

http://ptsg.eecs.berkeley.edu/pub/incoming/peterm/random_maps_pkg2.tar.gz

  It really seems pretty stable to me:  Raphael, please try it out
and see if you can make it break.  I've fixed most of the things you mentioned
to me.  Anthony, I've used your idea of using signs instead of magic mouths
to mark random map entrances.

  Anyone with the first random maps package probably won't have to
apply the crossfire.diffs patch file, but no promises.

This is the new stuff:  (in the form of a partially checked-off TODO list:)

To do:  (some done already:  * means done, + means half-done/partly done)

1)  Specials in the map, like:
	Doors with buttons/levers/passwords
*	Special, human-designed maps included in random_maps at random
	Magic mouths which make comments
+	Randomly generated altars and healing/fueling stations

*2)  Recursive maps ending with a human-defined map

3)  Other layouts than maze and onions, such as:
	1) spiral maps  (someone's promised to do this.)
	2) room-and-cooridor maps
	3) nethack-style room-and-corridor maps
	4) caves using cave walls
	5) diagonal as opposed to rectangular mazes
	6) radially symmetric maps
	7) Freestanding mausoleum type maps
	8) Anything else anyone can dream up.

*4)  Fix the random map notification on entrance.

*5)  Improve the decor placement code, such as not placing decor on top
    of things,

5a)  and options like "place along walls", etc.

*6)  Make sure monsters aren't on doors, or at least, that such monsters
    don't get keys.

*7)  Keep map sizes from growing exponentially because of symmetry increasing
    xsize, ysize.

*8)  Decouple difficulty and dungeon_level so that multilevel but constant-diff
    maps can be done.

*9)  Fix the .in makefiles and configure scripts.

10)  Rotational symmetry

11)  Do some more stuff with sideways exits.

*12)  Put signs instead of magic mouths at entrances to random maps
	(Anthony's suggestion)

*13)  Fixes to some of the styles.

+14)  When a final map is set up, copy it, and reface all the walls/floors
to reflect the current style.  (presently, copied, but not refaced.)