Re: CF: Map integration (was Dtabb land)

Scott Wedel (swedel@Tymnet.COM) wrote:

> Regarding it being hard to find hidden quests - the actual hardest
> part is usually knowing there is a particular quest to find.

Well, I'm working on a museum :-) It won't help you finding the items,
though --- but it tells you they exist (well, all interesting items
that exist in the game can seen by clicking on a character named
"Icho", but that one doesn't exist on all servers... :-)

Regarding my grey island mini quest --- it is not easier to find if
you know that a Greyshield exists. A newbie definitely _will_ run
across it if he is good enough --- I consider talking to NPCs an
important aspect of exploring the world, even if there is no sign
"please talk to me, I have information!".

I think there is no need to have hints for all quests --- just some of
the basic "must-do-early" quests. Other things may be found by
randomly stumbling across them ("hey, there is a cave here... let's
see what's inside"), or by talking to some NPC (which is also a random
thing).

Pupland has inetresting things, too --- but you don't get a "direct"
hint for them. There is a quest that provides the white dragon scale
mail, for example --- but no NPC or sign or whatever tells you about
that.  You just do the quests that are there, and at some point you
will find the white dragon scale mail. If you are lucky, that is (bad
idea, IMHO).

Again, please don't turn crossfire into an 100% action game, with
signs telling you "Congratulations. You have just completed quest
#47. Go to <whereever> to do quest #48. And don't forget to bring
your <some piece of equipment> with you!"

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber