CF: gcfclient UI

I started a new player from gcfclient and now am wondering if CF's
handling of creating a new player is an attempt at being on the ten
worst User Interfaces?  Could a gtk UI be any worse?  I am not joking.

Process starts by requesting player name which then requests password
and password again.  It does not mention that it knows this is a new
player, nor offer a way to go back and change name.  These issues make
this first step a poor UI.

Then comes the Roll again or exchange ability dialog box.  In my case
it happens to display right on top of the attributes I would like
to modify.  If moved then it immediately moves back on top of the
attributes.  Thus, I have to move the client window to see what I am
adjusting.  Instead of being able to drag and drop to switch attributes,
you have to click one attribute, get another dialog box and click
that attribute.

Then comes the "choose a character" dialog box which is mislabeled
since it should be "choose character class".  In order to see character's
image I have to move the client window again.  Instead of offering a
menu choice among the 18 options, I am expecting to cycle through all
18.  Makes it a real pain to compare between similar types.

The entire effect is start off poorly and get progressively worse.
And this is how new users are introduced to CF.  So one place where
a good UI is normally emphasized to make new users start off liking
the program instead starts off making them marvel at it's weaknesses.

							sdw