Re: CF: Acid Spheres? (spoilers)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, "R.Balasubramanian" wrote:
> How does one make a weapon 'of Jehovah'?

You have to pray over an altar of Jehovah, and hope that you are lucky
enough to get a divine intervention.  That does not happen very often,
but keep trying.  Note that Jehovah is going to be replaced by another
god (Valriel) in the next release.

> Can I use a weapon of another God?

Sure, you can.  Although it is possible that a future version of the
game would prevent you from doing that, or at least cause your god to
be angered when you do that.  But for the moment, that's fine.

> Where can I get a skull cleaver?

The Skullcleaver is part of the random artifacts treasure list.  So if
you find a map where random artifacts are available (usually at the
end of some quests or some hard maps), then you have a 5% chance for
the random item to be a Skullcleaver.  Other choices are Mjoellnir,
Bonecrusher, Firebrand, ...  These artifacts are obviously not easy to
find.

> What can I do against a acid sphere?  I either hit it with karate, taking
> lots of damage, or if there are only a few, summon a golem to hit them.

It is always better to kill the acid spheres from a distance.  This means:
- firing some arrows or bolts if you have the "missile weapons" skill.
- throwing some objects such as daggers or hammers if you have the
  "throwing" skill.
- sending an avatar of your god, if you have the "praying" skill and you
  can use "summon avatar".
- sending a golem, if you have the "wizardry" skill and you know the
  spell "summon golem".
- using some pet monsters if you can summon them and you are not afraid
  of coming too close to the acid sphere.

-Raphaël