Re: CF: Large avatars

> Some gods' avatars are bigger than one square (for example Gaea's). And those
> avatars are practically useless. Player would send avatar to places he
> won't go. But with large avatar he must enter such dangerous room first,
> because avatar doesn't fit into entrace. And that is not all. The player
> has also to ensure, that there is enough room for avatar there.
> So my proposal is to make all avatars one square big (fixing maps would
> be much more difficult).

When I changed the gods I thought about this, but then decided against it.
I did not want to make too many changes, for one point; and for another, I
wouldn't really want all gods to have uniform ability. A little variety is
better, IMHO. So I left the sizes alone. What I DID change however, was
the hitpoint value of the larger avatars. With the changes, all those
avatars measuring 4 squares have approximately 3 times as many hps as
before (reasons: bigger monster should have more hps, also area spells
like fireball attack every square, a multiple-square monster with the same
amount of hps as a single square monster is thus easier to kill with area
effects). So, no, I wouldn't say the big avatars are useless. As long as
there aren't any area effects going on, they should stand quite a bit
longer than the others.

Gorlin