Re: CF: Crossfire playbalance

>>>>[From Mark Wedel]

     I certainly don't like the idea of forced retirements.  I don't see a problem
    letting that level 30 character run around and do what quests he wants to do
    (as long as he doesn't spoil the games for others on the server, but that can
    happen no matter what level the character is).  However, I don't see a big
    problem limiting the max level to 30.  You could still let exp go up, so that
    maybe given time, that character could even get to level 30 in all the
    subsidiary skills.  For this, you could even put out some decent maps so
    characters can still play them.

and/or... you could just radically change the exp required to gain a level.
If you use a "long long" for exp, and no monster gives more than 2^15
experience, then someone would have to play "a really really really" long
time to reach a particular skewed level ;-)

you could make it so after level 30, you need 2^(nextlev - 10) to advance
or something.