Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: Crossfire mailing lists revisted.

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Mark Wedel wrote:

> There was some discussion about the last proposal, but not enough to get a
> consensus.  With the actual setup of the CVS repository and proposals to get
> crossfire more mainstream, I would like to revisit the subject with a more
> modest proposal:
>
>  crossfire-playing:  Issues on playing the game - how to learn spells, password
> for some city, etc.
>
>  crossfire-programming:  Issues related to programming.  Bug reports,
> compilation errors, cvs logs, future direction.

I like the proposal. Two comments; bug reports could be considered
on-topic for both crossfire-playing and crossfire-programming, since
'players' are likely to run across such, and should probably not be
required to subscribe to the technical list to report them. Discussion
around fixing bugs should be in crossfire-programming tho.

Perhaps crossfire-development rather than crossfire-programming would be
more to the point, since a lot of crossfire work would be other than
programming.

The distinction between the lists would be fairly good; crossfire-playing
is about the game as it is, the other is about changing/improving the
game.

Best regards,
David