Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

CF: Destiny maps 2

Hi,

I just noticed that some gates can be passed via dimension door (the
one in /destiny/cave/entrance, the /destiny/dun_marksel entrance,
the /destiny/elcyon/elcyon_start entrance, the locked door in
/destiny/dm_keep, and probably others I forgot to list).
I'm not sure whether this is intentional.

Btw, I really liked the puplandish idea to capitalize the words that
are used as keywords in conversions --- maybe this should be adopted
for destiny as well? I have seen it in some places, but it is definitely
not used consistently.

IMHO the energy bow should not be given away that easily (/destiny/elcyon/
elcyon_start). The elf also drops a bunch of "random_bow" thingies ---
not sure whether the 0.95.x servers actually do create bows there.
Remember that the energy bow is the best bow in the game, replacing the
bow of auriga.

The rucksack in /destiny/dm_wizard has the same problem: it contains
"random_talisman" and "random_plant" instead of the things. Something
that has been changed for 0.95.x?
Interesting enough, I also found 4 "random scroll" in /destiny/signal and
2 "random bow" in /destiny/signal2.

/destiny/elcyon/old_temple has the same type of problem as the town2
map: you speak the password, then you have run around looking for the
teleporter. Which is a pure guessing map --- I didn't see a hint as
to where the teleporter is to be found, and it took me quite a while
to locate the place where "unicorn" makes something happen.

I like the ent council :-) Shamelessly stolen from Tolkien, but
still... :-)

Ah, great --- finally a holy symbol for free. Good news for starting
characters...

Cool... an easy oilskin cloak.

Ah... another easy-to-get artifact: the midnight robe and wizard hat
used to be much harder to get (destiny/dm_keep).

Oops... another Tolkien: "Speak the password, friend..."  :-) 2
"random bow" in there, btw.

In /destiny/ship_home I paid 500 gold, the gate opened --- but I still
couldn't enter? The problem is the wrong sea archetype --- it can't
be passed. Not that it counts much --- it leads back to Scorn :-(

A lot of places have incorrect exits (offset by one or more fields).
Some of the large places are "closed" on one field, and work on
others. Very confusing --- I found some these by accident only, because
I thought they were closed when I tried them the first time.

It would be nice if players learn what the merchants guild expects as
"proof" --- not everybody is carrying around tons of stuff like I do.
The head doesn't work (which surprised me --- but when I checked the
map I found the bug: "Head" vs. "head").

Hm... something must be wrong on my server. The special funds box
has lots of "random_something" items, but no items. King Zoobus looses
a lot of random_somethings when you kill him as well :-)

Ah... the Mithril dwarf pops up, and leads me to a hidden vally, but
I'm still were I was before :-( Time to search for the hidden teleporter
again... very funny: I tried all places. Then I checked the map: the
teleporter is in a non-reachable place, since you can't pass the mountain
sitting on top of it.

/destiny/cave/a_mine2 has lots of "random_weapon" :-)

Hm... strange: the altar doesn't slay my treaty. The map seems okay, though
(no typos to be seen...). Btw, the ent should respond to "war" as well
as "War". Probably applies to other ents as well.
Do I have to drop the waybreads and restoration potion somewhere?

Well, I guess that's enough. There are just too many closed exits
and tiny maps to know whether I have seen all of them

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber