Re: CF: RE: Weapon Speed (part 2)

Rick Tanner wrote:

> > [I don't think Tobias is on the list -- Kjetil T.]
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I wonder if there might be a bug in the speedfactor formula. The reason
> > for this is as follow..
> >
> > Lower weapons speed = value drops nearer 0
> >
> > When I wear a dex ring +2, I get lower weapons speed.
>
> Which client are you using?  The Win32 Client? (if so, what version?)
> This should not be the case; Increase in DEX should increase weapon speed,
> unless you switch to a heavier weapon.

 High dex should lower the weapon speed.  Of course, there could be a bug.
Also, if you are already wearing 2 rings, equipping the dex +2 ring may be
unequipping another item which is giving you a higher weapon speed (higher than
you are getting from the dex ring)

> > When I wield a Hammer + 2 (this was a special hammer, can't remember
> > what it was exaxtly) instead of a shortsword +4 I get higher weapons
> > speed.

 Weapons do vary in their speed, so it is impossible to say for sure which one
should have the higher speed.

 Note that there could also be some obscure bug in the client (or server).
Since weapon speed on the server is stored as a float, it is converted to an
integer when sent over the net to the client.  IT is possible that this
conversion/deconversion isn't doing something right, or may be the result of an
overflow.