Re: CF: more updates soon, comments/votes requested

> From: philb@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Philip Brown)
> Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

>     There should be some message telling the player that the spell failed
>     _for some reason_.  Might even just be "Nothing happens.".
>     When the spell fails because of an invalid destination, does it count as
>     fumbled (i.e. are there possible random side effects)?  Does the player
>     lose mana?
>

> I think yes to both, should be implemented.

I think Portal should not have any negative side effects when it
fails because of an invalid destination, because the only difference
between an invalid destination and a valid one is time.  The player
casting the spell has no way of checking beforehand whether or not the
destination is still valid.  The only way to find out is to try it.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Quote of the Day:
"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility.  And
vice versa." - Lazarus Long