Re: CF: Continuity check: Elements

David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:

> Any change here would require lots of little changes throughout the
> game to keep things consistent, but I think it would be worthwhile.
> Basic elements are something that really should be consistent
> throughout a game universe.

 I agree.  The current element system does not make a lot of sense.

 physical being tied to earth makes sense.  Ideally, each element type would
have an attacktype (water, air, earth,fire), but I don't think there is enough
use for water and air attacktypes to be meaningful to add those.

> By the way, what exactly are "para-elementals"?  Why do only
> para-elementals leave residue and not normal elementals?  Why are
> there para-elementals of the same types as the normal elementals?
> And why are only the four basic elementals summonable, and not
> para-elementals?

 Para elementals is probably from AD&D.  If you think of the main elements like:

	Fire

Air -----+----- Earth

	Water

 (elements being opposite), the para elements are where 2 join (fire + earth,
fire+air, air+water, earth+water)

 earth and water would be mud, air and water steam, fire+earth = lava, not sure
what fire+air is supposed to be.

 That is the theory at least.  There is probably no reason that you should not
be able to summon these - most likely it is because these elementals were added
at a later time.