Re: Incompatible objects (Was: Re: CF: Alternate proposal: MARK the powercrystals)

I've been rading these post and what really comes out is this:

Most people think that items as they are need a little fixing and a few of
us like trying to limit the characters a little more than just a little.

First i might ask this. Is it the object of the game to get to a certain
level and stop advancing? If we limit the power of a character to much then
he might as well stay 1st level the entire game.

a 100th level character should be powerful i don't think any of disagree on
that. he should have abilities or items that make him powerful.

If you start by placing limits on protection items we are going to find that
soon they won't be worth the effort to carry them. then we will all be
spellcasters (oh, but the we'll worry about the protection spells too and
we'll have to fix them)

Protections arn't the problem

I dont think i have ever had a character protected from everything enough
that i was damage or killed by something i ran into.

The problem is perception. Sure we see that a crystal can hold 1000 sp and
if i had a wizard i could really crank out the damage for a short time and
probably blow away a dungeon or 2. If carrying 5 crystals is that big of a
deal why wasn't it corrected long ago. i personally don't see that many
wizards using them that it is a problem. Personally, ive never even owned
one. switching items around in a battle is dangerously foolish. Everyone i
know prepares fo a room as best he can ahead of time anyway.

Most people agree that this is a hack and slash game. They also say that
spellasters have a hard time of it. This is a proven fact. I looked at the
spoiler the other day on crossfire.realtime.com and the levles posted for
dungeons went this way on almost all the dungeons.

dungeon===????
fighter level 4-5 others 8-9

this proves that the fighters rule the game. Casters are hard to play and
any benefit they can get should be kept in it. Spell points are hard to get
back once used and casters spend a lot of time not in battle trying to power
up. We might see once in a while some character take advantage of a loophole
in the game to get some item and seem powerful but if he goes into another
dungeon he is really just as much in the dark as the rest of us. No telling
what sort of creature will jump you.

You can only wear:
1 helmet
1 armour
1 bracer
1 hand armour (glove, gauntlet)
1 girdle
1 shoe, boot
1 shield
1 weapon
1 amulet
2 rings
1 cloak
these are the game limits. no one can break them ( i may have missed 1 or2
items)

i don't know of anyway to make a item cold resistant. i can make it hit
better, faster and harder. i can make it more resistant to damage, but i
can't make it protect me from fire. therefore i have to either find an item
or buy it.

If these protections are a problem and i dont think they are make it so you
can't buy them. make them harder to get. don't limit them.