Re: CF: Long term experimental ideas

Doug wilder wrote:
> One problem with monster races is the icon. Hill Giants can not fit in most
> maps.

    Well, it's not exactly the icon, it's the fact that Hill Giants are
multi-part objects.  There are actually two seperate objects that make up a
Hill Giant, the head and the feet.  In addition to being extremely limited
in the number of doorways he could get through, a Hill Giant player would
only be able to pick up or activate objects under the head part, meaning
anything lying against a south wall is forever inaccessible.  Multi-part
players isn't going to happen any time soon.
    If you want to add Ogre as a player race, there shouldn't be any
problem.  I think that's about as giant as it gets, though.

> I wouldn't mind seeing some more options for characters, how about Druids.

    That depends...  If you mean Druids as a class, how exactly would that
differ from Priests?  Aren't Druids just priests of Gaea?  If you mean
adding another of these awkward race/class-combo things we have now, I'd
rather not add to those while there's a plan on the table to replace them
with seperate races and classes.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer: SUNY Buffalo still won't officially admit to sharing my
opinions.
            Neither will U.C.L.A.  Imagine that.

Quote of the Day:
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations.