RE: CF: Opinion poll

>From: Hwei Sheng TEOH <hsteoh@cs.toronto.edu>
>To: crossfire@ifi.uio.no
>Subject: RE: CF: Opinion poll
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:50:35 -0400
>

>On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Doug wilder wrote:
>
> > Thats what i figured would happen but i wanted to make sure everyone
>knew
> > what everyone else wanted. Looks like the inbetween is going to when by
> > default. I have no problem with that.
> >
> > Why don't we work on some quests that follow a central storyline. This
>can
> > be part of the rpg backgroud you guys want. We can come at it from
>several
> > angles.
> >
> > 1.)religous quests aimed at finding some holy artifact and sacrificing
>it on
> > a special altar..
> >
> > 2.)race quests aimed at finding the same holy artifact and dumping it in
> > volcano or something
> >
> > 3.) class quests aimed at finding the artifact and giving it to some one
> >
> > Note: the artifact doesn't have to do anything. Its just something to
>find
> > and get rid of.
>
>Hmm, you missed out quests that give you an artifact as a reward for
>solving it (either solving puzzles or defeating a powerful monster). I
>don't
>see why that wouldn't fit into the rpg background too.

actually, i was trying to limit in a small way artifacts themselves. We
could make an artifact as the goal in these quests, but keeping the artifact
makes the quest more desirable to not finish. If you made the artifact
something that really was useless nobody would want to keep it. This is not
to say that we wouldn't give other items as a reward. just that the main
item wouldn't be something you would want to keep.