Re: CF: Re: Word of Recall and Portal (was: Prot/chaos, Efficiency, and Portals)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:
> Plese tell me you're kidding.  I never would have suspected that that
> was even possible.  My logic and processor design classes certainly
> never suggested it.  Why would anyone go out of their way to make the
> most inherently trivial operations slower than much more complex
> operations?

RISC, though even RISC has become bloated recently, with the immense
number of transistors available...

This reminds me, the macros/code that check if two objects can merge,
might be too much for some compilers to handle.  Maybe we should set up
in advance the bits we check against, and just AND that bitarray with
the flag integers.

-Frank.