Re: CF: Possible bug and one stupid (?) feature

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 02:10:42PM +0300, Pertti Karppinen (OH6KTR) wrote:
> for collections). I had wis@30 and pow@30, wisdom level 51, and nothing
> happened. Then this other character, at wis@20, pow@23 and considerably
> lower level of wisdom did the uncurse/damn thing for my items in seconds.
> Is this feature or bug? Doe's luck-6 affect this much (haven't looked

With Wis 30 and wisdom level 51 there should still be the possibility
for god intervention, even though luck-6 does affect this much.  You
should see at least a "You feel a holy presence!" message sometimes.

But if the god denies path: turning, it will never uncurse anything.

> The other thing is, is how did You come up with the notion that, one
> needs both prot and immunity to acid in order not to corrode?

Immunity means you don't take any damage.  But your items also need
some protection. ;)

However, I think playbalance is more important than dictionaries.  It
should not be too easy to avoid corrosion of equipment.

--
Jan