Re: CF: suggestions for exp, monsters, general blather

> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:34:39 -0800
> From: Mark Wedel <mwedel@scruznet.com>
>
> > > 3. How about adding some spells to round out the collection. For example -
> > > I think that a cone electricity spell is probably in order. It would make sen
> > >se if
> > > electric dragons had some kind of cone breath. At the moment, they are by far
> > > the easiest
> > > to kill due to the line-of-sight restriction on lightening.
> >
> > How about giving them ball lightning?  That's a really, really wicked
> > spell.
>
>  There are some other fixes here also:
>  1) Make lightning bolts move much faster than they do currently.  It should be
> very difficult to dodge lightning.
>  2) Have the dragons lightning breath weapon be as wide as it is (so you get a 3
> wide swath, also making it harder to dodge).

Perhaps giving old or ancient blue dragons an additional Ball
Lightning spell would make things more interesting.  Especially if I
ever get around to finishing that trick I was playing with that caused
ball lightning to randomly emit small lightning bolts as it moves.
That can result in some fairly nasty area-effect damage.

As for a lightning-based "cone" attack, how about forked lightning?
It wouldn't cover the entire area that firebreath does with each
blast, but each casting would cover some random portion of that area.
There would be two problems with that, though.  It would be impossible
to aim it, and if it happened to hit something reflective, the results
would be unpredictable at best.  Perhaps that's just realistic for
lightning, though.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer:
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the makers of
Fat-Free Nutra-Sweet Coated Decaf-Coffee Crunch cereal!  New and Improved
with "I Can't Believe It's Not Lard"(tm) synthetic fat-substitute!

Quote of the Day: '