Re: CF: Cone spells for electricity

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Mark Wedel wrote:

> John Cater wrote:
> >
> > I would really, REALLY, like to implement a cone spell for electricity, for
> > electric dragons etc to cast.
> > What I am looking for really is something equivalent to burning hands/icestorm
>
>  Implementation should be fairly easy - I believe the cone spell logic is fairly
> abstract, so extending it with another type should be pretty easy.
>
>  I don't have a problem with this being an ability monsters can have, but I
> don't like the idea of players having it.
>
>  Right now, electricty is one of the more difficult attack types to get immunity
> against.  If given to players, the need/desire for immunities for this will
> likely increase, which will decrease the effectiveness of lightning spells in
> general.

On the contrary! I would say that electricity is the easiest attacktype
to get invulnerability against since you can just go worship sorig and
cast holy possesion for it. None of the other types have spells for
immunity that are obtainable. And since the pupland maps still suffer
from the button-bug one cant get at the good imunity items, only the
!cold lava-slasher which sucks to much to be of any great use...