Re: CF: animate_weapon() fixes

David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:

> The only bugs I've heard of being generated by this code are the
> server crash when it is cast by a monster or left on a map after the
> caster exits.  Those are trivially easy to fix without rewriting the
> whole spell, and hardly an "endless stream" considering the number of
> spellcasting monsters in the game and the likelihood of them having
> this particular spell.  Are you seeing other bugs attributed to this
> code?  In exactly what way are they due to the fact that an apply
> function was not called?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is related to the above, but I had today a strange
crash. I had called a lot of pet monsters and cult monsters in the cellar
of titan castle (vampires and light angels) and I enjoyed the spectacle
very much, when suddenly the server crashed with a message like

  "trying to remove already removed object: arrow"

It seems that the golem stuff has some serious bugs.

Another thing:

When using the plain X11 cfclient I once died without any reason as it
seemed. This was very strange, so I went back to the location where
this happened, and the grave stone said that I had starved.
Perhaps it was my fault, I am not sure, but I rather think the client
didn't display the right food status (or the server sent a wrong one)

Cheers,
Norbert