Re: Apartments?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 11:46:01PM -0700, Peter Mardahl wrote:
> > fine in all the servers I have tested. only the pocket realitys don't work
> > since when you enter one and come back you end up in an apartment having no
> > extender and beeing on the wrong side of the extended wall so you can't exit

IIRC this has been fixed.

> Is it possible I didn't give the server enough time to save out
> the apartment map?

If the server is killed, it won't save maps with players on it.  I've
been killed more than once when the server crashed while I was almost
through a map with tough monsters.  When logging in again, I woke up
next to a Balrog, and the door was closed...   This probably needs to
be fixed somehow.  Until then, I use the "save" command quite often to
prevent auto-saving at the wrong place.

--
Jan